Monday, December 17, 2012

Unique Christmas Ornament Idea



There are so many creative handmade ideas out there for making a memorable “baby’s first Christmas” ornament. Since this is Gwen’s first Christmas, I know I wanted to make something special.

I decided to make an ornament out of her handprint impression {a Pinterest inspiration} as a way to remember those cute little fingers we spend so much time kissing.

The recipe is easy: ½ cup flour, ½ cup salt, ¼ cup water. Once the impression was made, I baked it in the oven at 200F for 2 ½ hours.

I painted a santa design in the impression to add more interest to the ornament and varnished with a spray lacquer. I love it, and I admit, I sometimes stop by the tree just to look at it. 

It's a reminder of how blessed we are to have her in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea!!

    -Sabrina
    http://thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete